> expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Thursday 28 November 2013

REALITY CHECK #6 - HOW MUCH DO I COST?

like to start with an apology and then appreciation. Sorry, I really don’t like writing and it might tell on the way you read this. Ok? I only think, act and share. ...bear with meSecondly, I like to appreciate the CEO of the blog for giving me a chance to be a better writer... and also to the readers because I know you won't really mind my style of writing but the message being passed across.  










Ok. To the business of the day, how much do I cost? Sounds strange right? Like some kind of commodity or something. Well... Either I like it or not, I have found out that just like commodities one continues to trade one value for the other.  


Hmm... that doesn't go down well I guess. 

All my life I have been paying so much attention on personal value creation, especially making "me" valuable enough to people (family, friends and society). I have been so much into it for a while now, only for me to realize that it comes with paying a premium price. Hmm... 








Being a relevant person in the society as always been my profess-ion, especially each time I'm asked the famous question, - what do you want to be in future? - even back then in high school. Yes! that reminds me, I actually started out with the dream of being a pilot since I didn't want to join the BRT wagon, oh, I mean band wagon of  "I want to be a doctor". Anyway, I gave up because I was running away from calculations. Poor me! 
In short, I have found that just like there are steps to being a medical doctor, there are steps to being relevant to my society. I have identified that to be relevant, I have to be of great value to my society, to be of great value, I have to really stand out, and to stand out I must pay the premium price because standing out really isn't free.  
To conclude, why do you think big companies wouldn't mind paying heavily to get Fela Durotoye or Leke Alder  to speak at their training? I know they are not trying to show off, its simply because they've got stuff. 
So , how much stuff have you got? and how much do you worth? 

No comments: