> expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Sunday 24 November 2013

REALITY CHECK #2 : TALKING ABOUT OTHERS

You can call this series random, the year is closing and if opening the next is intended for a change, then thoroughness is needed to make change a reality. This series feature the ugly truth, you can be truthful and start becoming a better person just like I desire, this is not some morality movement. It is real people, real issues and real living. The pictures are to stimulate the topic from other angles.

Straight to the point. Do we all talk about people behind their backs? I need real people here please. Sometimes it's not a juicy gossip that is not your business in any way, it could be about the incessant bad behavior exhibited by that family member of concern, or about the attitude of that acquaintance that we say that we don't care about but the fact that we are talking about it for that long and the way we are is just betraying us.


Is there any form of talking about others that is healthy? Someone may have done something that I didn't like and I felt that I should share the experience with someone else. Is there some DIY for talking about others that would not cause a strain in relationship, peradventure they hear your discussion? Nobody feels good about being discussed about except they are being empathized with or praised in a significant way.


I try to think about myself as someone who doesn't gossip about others, but I may be talking about the person with someone really close to me, and the person discussed about may be another close person. What if it's a serious matter that the person needs to change. Or she's just sharing too and I totally agree and share my similar experiences with the same person in focus, or I pass some cutting remarks which are the truth anyway.

But once again I think, if this person heard everything we said, the way we said it, would they continue to be in good terms with us?

No comments: