> expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Thursday 10 April 2014

I NEED A BAD BOY THAT LOVES THE LORD

"He may look like a player, may even be a player... but he loves the Lord naw."

Have you ever read any column for ‘searching singles’ anywhere where they put their details and a description of prospective partner? Here’s an imaginary one.


Name: Veena Priya         Age: 24                 Gender: Female              
“I’m beautiful and wonderful and I want a bad boy who loves the Lord”

Not so regular right? The most common one used is, “he should be ‘God-fearing’”. For their mind dem don talk quotable quotes.” Their perception of God fearing may not be at all. Have I burst someone’s bubble?

This post brought some comments (especially first comment) that provoked me to write this one. It’s about something that a Christian lady like me has either not paid attention to or decided to allow, thinking it won’t do much harm, if it does any at all.
Yes! You can say that again ‘Girls are not logical’. Though I don’t totally agree with you, but I think its part of our wiring.

When we observe scenarios of the bad boy getting the good girl and we’re all wondering what goes on when a girl doesn’t want to end up with the kind of guy we think suits her. Maybe she thinks the good guy would be boring and she would like adventure though she wouldn’t voice it out or may that's my thought that slipped *Oops!.

Source
We are talking about Christians and church committed girls who don’t mind anything else as long as he claims to be Christian, comes or goes to church. Desperate for a miracle marriage.Preferring to go with the guy who is a Christian but his life values are far from the truth of God’s word, maybe because he’s generally accepted in the 'church' environment, he’s eye candy, all the girls are kinda after him or he's just a picture of what the media has painted in our minds as Mr Right.

You can say I’m choosy but being a Christian is NOT enough for me to go into a relationship with you. You can blame on something called biological clock right?
So who is this ‘Bad boy who loves the Lord’? Contrary to what you should believe about me as a blogger, I’m not great at expressing myself, it comes with the temperament. I just write because I know a little English. So I’d rather have people more engrossed and expressive about this topic explain what this post title is talking about.

Whether you think it is weird or not I do have a list of what I want in my future partner and the first thing on that list is the relationship he has with God.

My list was as a result of being provoked not to settle for less or compromise standards and the person who provoked it doesn’t even know he did. He’s my friend from my first year in the University. The first and the last time he ever dropped me in front of my hostel in his car. Immediately I got to my bed, reached for my diary, filled it and also pasted stick-ons in it where I wrote a list of things I wanted in my future partner as a promise not to settle for less or compromise standards. 

After the little discussion in his car I resolved to the fact that I can really have a ‘son of God’ for my future partner.


I do care that I may be talking at some people right now, but would still love to know what you think. Don’t forget to leave your comments, let’s see things from your own side right?

Live. Learn. Love

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this piece. When the bad boy who loves the lord begins to abuse them physically, emotionally and verbally. They will forget that they asked God for that. I think girls *good christain girls know the right thing to do when it comes to relationships and marriage but there something that makes them want to explore a side they don't know holds trouble. God help them ~@zedtells

Mjady said...

Yaayy! @zedtells using anon id in the building. I think the what they can't define is the romance and passion our christian brothers don't seem to exhibit, seeing someone who is quite adventurous can be assumed to be romantic and adventurous abi?

Anonymous said...

Great post. Well I don't think good girls actually go after bad boys I think it is the other way around and then love happens. when love happens the heart is the focus ...

Mjady said...

In other words, love is blind right?

Nedu said...

Mmmmmm I'll reserve most of my comments for "Bad girls who love the Lord!". But just a food for thought ... A wise man said there are three types of death; physical death, spiritual death and psychological death. Of the three the psychological death is the worst.
I have seen it happen to several people and most times its to our young women who make the wrong decisions for the right reasons and are left with shattered hopes and dreams and a sense of lost purpose. That's IMHO is what "bad boys who love the Lord" do.

Mjady said...

Hmmm I see and understand. But what's for the "Bad girls who love the Lord!" what do you have for them. Pleeaaaassssssseeee! let your comments flow o. Nice to have you here