> expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Friday 30 November 2012

Kini Big Deal? Why Do You Scream TGIF?


As I gradually got conscious from sleep this morning, I was thinking it was Saturday so I had the license to sleep a little more. Then I remembered it was Friday and mumbled a 'Thank God its Friday' that sounded like 'I wish it was Saturday'. What I really wanted was the ending of Friday not the beginning.

When I got to the office I overheard one of my colleagues ask if today was Thursday, when she heard that it was Friday instead, she screamed excitingly, 'Thank God its Friday'. I could really understand because Thursday is the most hectic day for us at the company.

I wondered why working class people always screamed TGIF. I understood why when I was in Secondary school. Though Fridays during my University days didn't make any difference for me, I always judged from the other side of being employed in 8-5 jobs that screaming TGIF meant an unfulfilled life on the job.

I guess I'm about to eat my words (No! thots), cause I'm sure I'm not ready to admit that I'm beginning to look like a 'butterfly in a wheel' when I don't feel like getting up from the bed on Monday mornings.

:^) I'm wondering why because I've never screamed TGIF with excitement. I wonder what makes Fridays special. I know the weekend that starts with Friday means time unwind, but I just wonder why the thrill about unwinding.



TGIF! and I plan to rock this Friday till Monday.

But I'm not sure I know how that 's going to happen.
How do you plan to spend the weekend?
Where do you intend to go to have great fun?
Maybe I could take a cue from you.

Please don't include laundry or house chores o. LOL!


No comments: