> expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Tuesday 10 December 2013

REALITY CHECK #17 - I CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF HIM!

Nowadays it seems the TV won’t switch from MADIBA’s channel. Learning more about his life from the documentaries showing on the channel, I’ve been awed as to what manner of man Nelson Mandela was. I would not pretend that I’ve read all ever written about him and I've known him like the back of my palm prior to his death that has made his life more conspicuous, but I would like to say he reminds me a lot about Jesus Christ.

[Source]
And talking about Jesus Christ, after I watched the movie Pay It Forward I somewhat agreed that people who get to do really extraordinary things that shake the world to its core, don’t get to live for so long. Nelson Mandela’s life has reduced the degree to which I believe that a great deal. This evening in my room sitting by myself I wondered how, who taught this man what to do, who helped shape his perspective? Then I found out his view on the Bible, the book that helped him through his years in confinement. Ah! No wonder! He thought the Bible to be a useful tool, and yes he’s right we’ve all seen it’s true. Nelson Mandela’s life is an epitome of love; it’s all wrapped up in love.

There are few things that I want to point out from his life

First, Selflessness is the way to go. This man gave everything for what he believed in, a common good, the heart of God for all his children. And he left all to commit to the cause, not minding it may cost his life.

Second, his humility is something I’m still trying to wrap my mind around. He had well channeled pride, to his heritage and the things that made him who he was. And was able to let down his pride in ways that disarmed his enemies, I think commendable is an understatement in this aspect.

[Source]
Third, sincerity and transparency, he remained true to his beliefs in equal treatment of all men, installing and instilling peace, forgiveness and love in everything he said and did. Never spiting or retaliating is evidence that it emanated from within. He remained true to what he stood for, the people, and in NO WAY did he trade them for himself.

Fourth, this kind of life is sooo rewarding. Sincerely, no business venture can singularly boast of the returns that being sold out (for the cause that others would greatly benefit them) can bring. This is not about money speaking; Mandela’s life brought the world to him, gained access to greatest things in the world and became the celebrity of celebrities.
Let me stop here!

Nelson Mandela’s life proved that a message is rather caught than taught. It is easily embedded that way. That was how Christ lived and he did so that we would emulate him.

“Arise, Jerusalem! Let your light shine for all to see. For the glory of the LORD rises to shine on you.
Darkness as black as night covers all nations of the earth, but the glory of the LORD rises and appears over you.

All nations will come to your light; mighty kings will come to see your radiance.”

The world celebrates Mandela for a life well spent, not everyone would get that opportunity, but we should never miss opportunities to make God famous.

Live. Learn. Live

No comments: