> expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Thursday 4 October 2012

Having A Bad Day? Try This.



I tried my hands on something today, I resumed at work today and about thirty minutes after, one of my bosses said something that was not a good report of my performance so far at this new job. I knew this report wasn’t going to positively influence my performance today and I didn’t want that to happen. So what did I do?

At first I tried fighting the emotions I was beginning to have on the low side, I looked for mantras to put me back on track, then tried commanding my thoughts to go the positive direction but it just seemed like everything I did to divert my thoughts to the positive was just aggravating its present state.

Then it began ringing that I should try listening to music. I was wise not to start with fast music or something in the high. Instead, I started with the state I was in and music that would heal that state was a solemn, reflective but not depressive music. It identified with the state of my mind and eased out the tension. I really understand that soothing effect of music now.

Since there was a time of great mental receptiveness (called a psychological moment), this was an opportunity to take my mind to the desired state. The next thing I did was to switch to the kind of music that would make me really smile. It works every time and it worked this time again.

So here’s a link to the video, I think you should take a look and tell me if you smiled at any part of the song.




PS: I’m not a Buddhist and I’m not psychic.

No comments: