> expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Sunday 5 February 2012

Do you know what you carry?


I wrote this two weeks ago

I would have come with this to you like some motivational talk but too bad I don’t like motivational talk because I feel they miss the speck of the reality of life, take you to an imaginary world with happy endings, leave with virtually non applicable theories and philosophies that can make a man who is not careful with them look like a fool and sound like a noisy lousy cymbal (I’ve seen some myself).
I teach at the teen class in my church (don’t question my justification to do so). I’m resuming fully this coming Sunday after I had been away for close to six months in school for my final semester, so last Sunday I went there towards the end of service to check on them and see where I’d be fitting in when I resume fully. Some of them shared excited glances at each other and me, learning of my return. While some of them greeted me, some others who clearly knew me put up an attitude that they didn’t give a hoot about who I was. I tried not to be moved, most of them are bigger than I am in size but I’m still their teacher. Their service ended a little before the adult church to accommodate post meetings such as choir rehearsals. A little boy was heading the choir and I had a short conversation with him after the rest had dispersed after the meeting. I found that he was just twelve and not yet a teen. “What are you doing here you’re not yet 13?” I teased
“I may be small but I know what I carry” He replied me with more than words from his lips but from a conviction he lived with. “hmmmnn!” I absorbed what he said knowing what he meant and glad that he did. I was going to use this young leader as an example to the rest not for comparism, but for a challenge for them to realize they are responsible for what becomes of them by the stands they take. They have Christ in them and have overcome the world by the greater one which is in them. “Do they know what they carry?!”

No comments: